Author Topic: [FIRITH] November News!  (Read 39 times)

CrÍpe

• Co-Founder
  • Administrator
[FIRITH] November News!
« on: November 16, 2019, 08:22:24 PM »
Hey everyone!

I wanted to share to some Firith News! It looks like this will be the first News posting.  :P

Wizbirds Online
Goodgis and I were having fun playing this recently. When you spend weeks making a game, you can get burnt out/jaded and not enjoy playing your own creation. That may sound weird, but it's quite a true phenomenon. Fortunately, we're at a point where we can appreciate it again. So what's holding us back from releasing an update?  >:(

We've said it before, but we need to release a few more games before getting Wizbirds off the ground. Also, Goodgis will finally have a much nicer schedule sometime in December or January. So until then, enjoy all of the games we release up until the next Wizbirds update. And who knows? Perhaps Wizbirds will get a graphical update, or perhaps we'll remake it entirely with vastly more content!  :-*

Kana Pond (100% complete)
It's done, debugged (thank you beta testers!), and ready to be played! We're now in the process of getting it on Google Play, which is more tricky than you'd think. It should be available to play this month. Keep an eye out for Kana Pond!  8)

RocketPods (85% complete)
RocketPods is getting there! It's taken much longer than expected, but it's been a tremendous learning experience. RocketPods will easily be Firith's most challenging and polished game we've made to date. Disclaimer: We're not responsible for any damages incurred by rage quitting.  ;D

Project Dew Drop (10% complete)
More details on this one later. But it involves insects. Oh, and if you like Metroid, Castlevania, and/or Megaman, you're sure to like this one.

Great Winter Game Jam
This is really exciting! We have 4 concurrent mini-game projects happening at the moment (yes, we're able to manage everything else! ;) ).

Current devs each making a winter themed game:
-Goodgis
-CrÍpe (me)
-Bonzosan
-FloofyWoofles (staff contributor)

Each game will be free to play afterwards. Maybe you guys can judge each one?  :o

Other Projects?
If you recall the video we shared earlier on Discord showing off some projects, you'll note that some of those games are absent in this post. We're putting those on hold for now as they were mostly experiments. I still think we'll see some incarnation Stone & Bone later on, but who knows?

All right! Thanks for reading this update, thanks for letting me spam cheesy emojis, and thank you VERY much for supporting Firith!

-CrÍpe

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 08:31:50 PM by CrÍpe »